10-YEAR PLATFORM BED WARRANTY PROMISE
We design our products to be serviceable — meaning that as a system of parts, we can easily change out a defective part rather than having to replace the entire product.
As part of our mission of making furniture built to last, Floyd, Inc. (“Floyd”) warrants to the original retail purchaser that our Platform Bed Frame will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase (the “Floyd Platform Bed Warranty”). The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty is a commitment to our customers, an expression of our confidence in the quality of our products, and a statement that we stand behind that quality.
The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty is offered solely to the original retail purchaser, and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers. Floyd’s sole obligation under the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty is to, at our option, repair or replace the defective part(s) at no additional charge, if we determine in our sole discretion that the defect is covered by the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty. Floyd must be notified in writing of any claim under the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty.
* The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty covers repair or replacement for defective products within the continental United States only, not returns within 60 days of purchase. Products that are returned in our 60-day return period are processed differently.
HOW TO UTILIZE THE FLOYD PLATFORM BED WARRANTY
Customers must notify Floyd, Inc. in writing of any claims. Please email email@example.com with the following information so that we can best assist you:
- ORDER NUMBER
- FIRST & LAST NAME
- EXPLANATION OF DAMAGE/DEFECT
- PHOTOS OF DAMAGE/DEFECT
Upon receiving notification of a claim, a Floyd representative will follow up with you within 1 business day with next steps. Please note that if we originally shipped to an international address or an address in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, we will be unable to cover the cost of any return shipping that may apply.
All warranty claims are subject to inspection by Floyd. We reserve the right to determine whether or not damages are covered by the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty, in our sole discretion.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE FLOYD PLATFORM BED WARRANTY
The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty covers and is valid only for flaws and defects in the manufacturing of the product, or defects that develop through normal use. The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty applies only to the Floyd Platform Bed Frame. The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty does not cover or apply to other Floyd products beyond the Floyd Platform Bed Frame, or any purchases made outside of floyddetroit.com. The Floyd Platform Bed Warranty may not apply, or may apply differently, to purchases made through third-party sites.
To be eligible for the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty:
- YOU MUST BE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND HAVE A VALID PROOF OF PURCHASE.
- YOU MUST HAVE PURCHASED THE PRODUCT DIRECTLY FROM FLOYDDETROIT.COM.
- WE MUST RECEIVE YOUR WRITTEN WARRANTY REQUEST WITHIN 10 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
- THE PRODUCT MUST HAVE BEEN INSTALLED AND USED ONLY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SPECIFICATIONS PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT OR ON OUR WEBSITE (INCLUDING THOSE RECOMMENDATIONS AND GUIDELINES SPECIFIED ON THE FAQ PAGE).
- THE PRODUCT MUST HAVE BEEN USED ONLY UNDER TYPICAL CONDITIONS AND MUST NEVER HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO ABUSE, ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE, OR OTHER ABNORMAL USAGE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CUTS, TEARS, BURNS, STAINS, SOILING, LIQUID DAMAGE, OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION.
Floyd does not warrant against:
- CHANGES IN SURFACE FINISHES DUE TO AGING OR EXPOSURE TO LIGHT.
- NATURAL VARIATIONS OF WOOD GRAIN OR FIGURE OR THE PRESENCE OF CHARACTER MARKS.
- NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.
- DAMAGE FROM SHARP OBJECTS OR IMPRINTING FROM WRITING INSTRUMENTS, OR PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO MOISTURE OR DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
- INVASIVE SPECIES, SUCH AS BED BUGS, TERMITES, ETC
- FAILURE RESULTING FROM ANY ACTIONS OR USES PERFORMED OUTSIDE OF THOSE RECOMMENDED OR SPECIFIED ON OUR SITE, INCLUDING OUR FAQ.
The repaired or replacement item shall continue to be covered under the original warranty for the rest of the original term, but under no circumstances will the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty be extended beyond 10 years from the date of purchase of the original product. The remedies provided in the Floyd Platform Bed Warranty constitute the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedies, and Floyd’s sole and exclusive obligation, with respect to defects in the purchased products or the manufacturing thereof. Floyd expressly disclaims, and the purchaser expressly waives, all other representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.